A straight smile, healthy bite, and happy mouth is important to overall oral health, whether you are six or sixty. Orthodontics, the specialty of dentistry that focuses on aligning the teeth and bite and helping to modify the growth of the face, can help you achieve all three! Orthodontic treatment focuses on correcting teeth and jaws that are improperly positioned by diagnosing, preventing, and treating dental and facial irregularities. As part of a comprehensive dental health care plan, and with good patient care, orthodontics can give you the kind of smile that will last a lifetime.
Orthodontics with Coppe + Sears
Dr. Chad Sears has been providing orthodontic services for Coppe + Sears since 2015, and has been in the practice of orthodontics since 2003. As a dental specialist, his goal is to produce beautiful smiles as well as a good bite. To put it more simply, he works to achieve straight teeth that are aligned well with the jaws in both appearance and functionality. Among the orthodontic services he provides are:
- clear and traditional metal braces
- Invisalign (as a Premier Preferred Invisalign Provider)
- jaw growth modification
- orthodontics for severe bite problems
Because there is no age limit for orthodontic treatment, Dr. Sears is able to treat children, adolescents, and adults. Everyone deserves a straight, attractive smile no matter their age, and achieving these results is often easier than a potential patient may think!
Who benefits from orthodontic treatment?
If you recognize any of the following signs or concerns in yourself or your child, it may be worth your time to schedule a consultation with Dr. Sears:
- early or late loss of the baby teeth
- difficulty with chewing or biting
- mouth breathing
- sucking the thumb or fingers, or other oral habits that may cause a bite disturbance
- crowded, misplaced, or blocked-out teeth
- jaws that shift, make sounds, protrude, or are recessed
- difficulties with speech
- frequent biting of the cheek or biting into the roof of the mouth
- protruding teeth
- teeth that meet in an abnormal way or do not meet at all
- facial imbalance or asymmetry
- grinding or clenching of teeth
- inability to comfortably close lips
- difficulty breathing or childhood snoring
- you simply want a beautiful smile for yourself or your child!
Orthodontic treatment options
A variety of orthodontic appliances are available, including traditional metal braces, clear or tooth-colored braces, removable clear aligners, and other devices. These are used by orthodontists to help move the teeth into more desirable positions. Orthodontic appliances can also use the same gentle, continuous pressure on the teeth and jaws to retrain the muscles of the jaw and affect its growth. Thanks to ongoing research and innovation, today’s appliances are more comfortable and efficient than ever.
Since every mouth is different, your specific need and the severity of your problem will be the biggest deciding factor in which orthodontic approach, is likely to be the most effective.
Choosing an orthodontist
By choosing an orthodontist for orthodontic treatment, you are choosing a doctor who possesses the knowledge, skills, and experience to give you or your child the very best smile possible. Orthodontic treatment with Coppe + Sears is not only a smart investment in your smile, but also one in your physical, emotional, and oral health as well.